Personal Accident & Cargo Insurance (PAC)
Personal Accident and Cargo (PAC) insurance provides you with certain benefits if you or your passengers are injured, or your household cargo is damaged due to named perils during your Budget truck rental. Personal Accident and Cargo is only available to non-commercial customers and does not cover certain items, theft or burglary of your goods or any commercial rental or commercial cargo.
Damage resulting from load shift, running into a curb or a bump in the road is not considered a collision. Personal Accident protects the renter for accidents during the term of the rental agreement, up to 30 days, including injuries that occur while loading or unloading the Budget truck.
Personal Accident gives you and your passengers, while in the truck cab, the following accident benefits:
Death or Dismemberment*
*Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit is $50,000 for renters and passengers in NH and $100,000 for renters and passengers in CT, IN, KS, MO, MT, NY, VT, VA, WA.
** Hospital Accident Benefit is payable for each day of confinement, up to 30 days and is not available in NY.
For renters in CT, IN, KS, MO, MT, NY, VT, VA, and WA, PAI-Plus also includes a Trip Interruption Benefit. It provides up to $250 ($500 in NY) for unused travel arrangement expenses, including pre-paid car rental fees, in the event the rental period is interrupted due to sickness, injury, or death of the renter, a traveling companion, or a family member. Terms and benefit details vary by state.
AD&D and Hospital benefits are payable no matter how much other coverage you might have; Medical benefits are primary and based on actual medical expenses. However, losses covered under any Worker’s Compensation, disability benefit or similar law are excluded from coverage.
The plan does not provide coverage for loss due to suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane; mental, nervous, or psychological disorders; being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician; Normal Pregnancy, resulting childbirth and elective abortion; participation as a professional in athletics, participation in organized amateur or interscholastic athletic or sports competition or related practice events; riding or driving in any motor competition; off-road driving, whether as a driver or as a passenger; declared or undeclared war, or any act of war; civil disorder; service in the armed forces of any country; nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination; operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as pilot or crew; certain extra-hazardous activities; the Insured's commission of or attempt to commit a felony; elective medical or holistic treatment or procedures; a loss that results from a sickness, disease, or other condition, event or circumstance, that occurs at a time when the Policy is not in effect for the Insured; a diagnosed sickness (if insurance is purchased after such diagnosis) from which no recovery is expected and that only palliative treatment is provided and that carries a prognosis of death within 12 months of the effective date of the applicable coverage under the Policy; sickness, injury or death if insurance is purchased after entering a hospice facility or receiving hospice treatment; detention, confiscation or destruction by customs; a Covered Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment; Pre-Existing Conditions; sickness of any kind.
Exclusions vary by state. Please see the Certificate of Insurance (or Policy in certain states) for complete plan details, limitations, and exclusions.
Cargo covers your household goods while in the rental truck against direct and accidental loss damage from collision, overturn of the Budget truck, landslide, flood due to rising water, hail, explosion, fire, windstorm, cyclone, tornado and hail. Cargo covers your household cargo from the named perils up to these amounts (less a $100 deductible):
- One-Way Rental: Actual cash value up to $25,000
- Local Rental: Actual cash value up to $12,500
Property not covered under Cargo
The policy does not cover any of the following property:
- Currency, coins, bullion
- Deeds, documents, stamps, tickets
- Contact lenses, eyeglasses, prosthetic devices
- Jewelry, furs, fine arts, antiques
- Food stuffs, animals, and other perishable goods
- Motor vehicle, including motorcycles and “mobile equipment”
- Property used for business and or commercial purposes
Exclusions under Cargo
Benefits will not pay for loss or damage caused by the following:
- Improper packing; improper stowage; mishandling; or loading or unloading of “covered cargo”, except if such loss or damage is a result of a covered peril
- Arising out of the use, operation, or maintenance of the truck when it is violation of the terms and conditions of the rental agreement
- Normal wear and tear; rust; gradual deterioration, or depreciation
- Inherent vice, insects or vermin
- Rain, dampness, or water from a source, except as a direct result of covered peril
- Breaking; marring; scratching; dust; dryness; cold or heat; being spoiled; discolored; moldy, mildewed, frosted, rotted, soured, steamed, or changed in flavor, except when the same is a result of a covered peril
- Repair, restoration, being handled or worked on
- Fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act(s) committed by an “Insured Renter”, acting alone or in collusion with other
- Illegal transportation or trade
- Confiscation by a duly constituted government or civil authority
- Delay; loss of use; loss of market; or other indirect or direct or consequential loss
- Theft; “burglary”, “robbery” (or attempt threat); mysterious disappearance; or unexplained loss of “covered cargo”
War and military action
- War, including undeclared or civil war
- Warlike action by a military force including action in hindering or defending against actual or expected attack, by any government, sovereign, or other authority using military personnel or other agents, or
- Insurrection, rebellion, usurped power of action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these
- Voluntarily giving someone possession of the “covered cargo”; other than to a parking valet or service technician for the purpose of parking, servicing, or repairing the rental vehicle
- Intentional or expected acts of Insured
- Neglect of the Insured Renter for not taking all reasonable means to save and preserve the “covered cargo” after any “loss” damage insured against
- As a result of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or reckless driving
- Strikes, riots, lockouts, labor disturbances, civil commotion, or the act of any person, or persons, taking part in such occurrences or disorder
- Use of the rented vehicle for business or commercial purposes
- "Loss" or damage occurring subsequent to a vehicle being obtained under a fictitious name, address, other false identification, or other fraudulent means or misrepresentation
- “Bodily injury” or “property damage” arising out of the actual, alleged or threatened discharged, dispersal, release, seepage or escape of “pollutants”: a) That are, or that are contained in any property that is i) being transported or towed by, or handled for movement into, onto or from, the covered “truck”, ii) otherwise in the course of transit by the insured, or iii) being stored, disposed or treated or processed in or upon the covered “truck”; b) Before the “pollutants” or any property in which the “pollutants” are contained are moved from the place where they are accepted by the “insured” for movement into or onto the covered “truck”, or c) After the “pollutants” or any property in which the “pollutants” are contained are moved from the covered “truck” to the place where they are finally disposed or abandoned by the “insured.”
- Any loss, cost or expense arising out of any government direction or request that you test for, monitor, clean up, remove, contain, treat, detoxify or neutralize “pollutants.”
This is only a summary of exclusions. Please refer to the policy for complete terms and conditions.
For the full brochure, please click here.
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 8261 0217 Cargo 12500 and tow 20000 (General States)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 8261 0217 Cargo 25000 and tow 20000 (General States)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo and Tow EM4833 Avis Budget mini policy 12500 (New York)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo and Tow EM4833 Avis Budget mini policy (New York)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 4831 1007 WA Mini Cargo w Towing 12500 (Washington)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 4831 1007 WA Mini Cargo w Towing (Washington)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (General States)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (New York)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (CT, IN, KS, MO, MT ,VT, VA, WA)
Learn More about the Budget Truck Physical Damage Waiver.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Roadside Assistance.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Auto Tow Protection.