Budget News Releases
BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL OFFERS HELPFUL ADVICE TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR HOLIDAY MOVE
PARSIPPANY, N.J., October 21, 2015 – With the holiday season just around the corner, many people will plan to relocate or move their household belongings to take advantage of time off from work or school. The winter holiday season can be one of the busiest times of the year, so let Budget Truck Rental help. Simply follow these guidelines to make your move more efficient, less stressful and safer.
- Book your truck early. Many companies that provide local delivery service experience a spike in deliveries during the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, from florists and caterers to those delivering items purchased online. Many of these companies augment their own delivery fleets with Budget trucks, which can make truck availability tight at a time when many people want to make a household move.
- Plan your truck needs ahead of time. Call Budget Truck Rental and let an experienced representative help you estimate what size truck is best for your needs, and make a reservation as early as possible.
- Allow plenty of time for your move. A common mistake by first-time do-it-yourself movers is underestimating the amount of time it takes to pick up a rental truck, as well as the time required for proper packing, weather delays during the winter and holiday traffic. Allocating sufficient time for each step in the process will help make your move stress-free.
- Don’t forget to include moving equipment with your truck rental. Hand trucks and moving pads help make your move easier and protect your possessions, and are available for rent from any Budget Truck Rental location.
- Need boxes? Tape? Budget’s got you covered. Budget Truck Rental offers a wide variety of boxes, tape, plastic cushioning wrap and rope to make moving easier.
- Plan your travel route. Did you know that trucks are prohibited on some roads? Be sure to plan the proper route ahead of time to avoid getting lost, receiving a police citation for driving on roads where trucks are prohibited or getting stuck beneath a low overpass.
- Know the right ways to load the truck. Measure door openings for large items so you know how you will move them out. You may have to remove doors or disassemble items to get the proper clearance. Load heavy items, like appliances, onto the truck first and load them into the front of the truck (behind the cab). If you have long items that will not fit standing up or across the width of truck, load them along the length of the truck before the truck becomes too full.
- Drive safely. Take the time to adjust your mirrors. Be careful when backing up and never back up with towing equipment. Use extra caution on sharp turns. Trucks are longer and wider and need more turning area than cars. Always use the turn signal. Allow greater distance (at least five vehicle lengths) between the truck and the vehicle ahead of you. Watch for overhead clearances. Allow for at least 14 feet of overhead clearance. Beware of low canopies, overpasses, bridges, drive-through lanes, tree branches, parking garages and signs prohibiting truck traffic.
The revamped BudgetTruck.com features a user-friendly interface and a streamlined reservation process. Now, customers can reserve a rental truck in four easy steps, instead of six. In addition, the website is built with responsive technology so that customers will have the same seamless viewing experience across different devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
"Fleet availability is limited during the winter holiday season and some vehicles can sell out quickly,” said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. “We encourage those needing a rental truck to plan ahead and contact by telephone or through our website Budget Truck Rental. With conveniently located facilities, knowledgeable staff and these useful tips, Budget Truck Rental can help to make your experience as easy as possible."
Budget Truck Rental’s fleet features 10-foot, 16-foot and 24-foot trucks with ramps or lift- gates and is one of the cleanest and best-maintained rental truck fleets on the road. Every vehicle undergoes a 10-point quality inspection to ensure proper fluid levels, tire pressure and other necessary elements for a reliable, safe rental. All Budget trucks feature automatic transmissions and have 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
For other helpful moving tips or to make a reservation, visit www.budgettruck.com.
About Budget Truck Rental
Budget Truck Rental is a leading truck rental company in the United States, serving both the consumer and light commercial sectors. Budget Truck Rental operates through a network of approximately 1,500 corporate-owned and dealer locations throughout the continental United States. Budget Truck Rental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR). For further information, visit www.budgettruck.com.