Auto Tow Protection (ATP)
Auto Tow Protection (ATP) is insurance that provides renters with coverage for damage to their personal automobile while it is being towed by the rental truck using a car carrier or tow dolly also rented from Budget.
ATP provides coverage for loss of or damage to the renter’s personal automobile resulting from:
- fire or explosion
- windstorm, cyclone, tornado or hail
- overturn of the rental truck or towing equipment
- collision of the rental truck or towing equipment with another vehicle or object
ATP provides coverage for loss of or damage to the renter’s personal automobile on an actual cash value basis up to $20,000. There is a $500 deductible per loss.
Benefits will not pay for “loss” or damage caused by:
- Any obligation the “Insured Renter” assumes under any agreement (other than the deductible obligation under their personal automobile insurance policy)
- Losses incurred by an unauthorized driver
- Losses occurring during loading and unloading
- Losses resulting from commission of an assault or felony
- Losses while participating in a race, speed or insurance contest
- Wear and tear; freezing; mechanical or electrical breakdown, except when same is the direct result of peril insured against
- Theft, “robbery”, mysterious disappearance
- Non-accidental damages which result from intentional acts of the Insured or “Insured Renter”, including, but not limited to breaking windows, tampering with locks, or operating over tire spikes
War and military action
- War, including undeclared or civil war
- Warlike action by a military force including action in hindering or defending against actual or expected attack, by any government, sovereign, or other authority using military personnel or other agents, or
- Insurrection, rebellion, usurped power of action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these or
- Strikes, riots, lockouts, labor disturbances, civil commotion, or the acts of any person or persons, taking part in such occurrence or disorder
- Use of the rented Vehicle for business or commercial purposes
- “Loss” or damage occurring subsequent to a Vehicle being obtained under a fictitious name, address, other false identification, or other fraudulent means or misrepresentation
- Neglect of the “Insured Renter” for not taking all reasonable means to save and preserve the private passenger automobile after any “loss” or damage insured against
- “Bodily injury” or “property damage” arising out of the actual, alleged or threatened discharged, dispersal, release, seepage or escape of “pollutants”: a) That are, or that are contained in any property that is i) being transported or towed by, or handled for movement into, onto or from, the covered “truck”, ii) otherwise in the course of transit by the insured, or iii) being stored, disposed or treated or processed in or upon the covered “truck”; b) Before the “pollutants” or any property in which the “pollutants” are contained are moved from the place where they are accepted by the “insured” for movement into or onto the covered “truck”, or c) After the “pollutants” or any property in which the “pollutants” are contained are moved from the covered “truck” to the place where they are finally disposed or abandoned by the “insured.”
- Any loss, cost or expense arising out of any government direction or request that you test for, monitor, clean up, remove, contain, treat, detoxify or neutralize “pollutants.”
This is only a summary of exclusions. Please refer to the policy for complete terms and conditions.
- In the event of a loss, the renter must do all that is possible to preserve any right of recovery available. If payment is made under this coverage, the insurance company retains the right of recovery. ATP is only available to non-commercial customers and does not cover theft of towed vehicle along with certain other exclusions.
This is only a summary of the plans and does not revise or amend the applicable policies. The specific terms, conditions and exclusions thereof are subject to all provisions, limitations and exclusions contained in the policies and may be different where required by state law. Personal Accident Insurance is underwritten by Zurich American Insurance Company, 1299 Zurich Way, Schaumburg, IL 60196, 1-800-987-3373. Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance (or Policy in KS, NY, WA) for a detailed description of the insurance coverage. Personal Cargo and Auto Towing Insurance is underwritten by Empire Fire & Marine, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich American Insurance Company.
For the full brochure, please click here.
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 8261 0217 Cargo 12500 and tow 20000 (General States)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 8261 0217 Cargo 25000 and tow 20000 (General States)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo and Tow EM4833 Avis Budget mini policy 12500 (New York)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo and Tow EM4833 Avis Budget mini policy (New York)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 4831 1007 WA Mini Cargo w Towing 12500 (Washington)
Supplemental Liability Insurance - Cargo EM 4831 1007 WA Mini Cargo w Towing (Washington)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (General States)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (New York)
Personal Accident Insurance - Budget Truck PAI_GPT4850906_Certificate_Plan (CT, IN, KS, MO, MT ,VT, VA, WA)
Learn More about the Budget Truck Physical Damage Waiver.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Personal Accident & Cargo Protection.
Learn More about the Budget Truck Roadside Assistance.