Watch those sharp turns!
- Trucks are longer and wider, and need more turning area than cars.
- Always use your turn signal.
Allow greater following distances!
- Brake early and DO NOT TAILGATE.
- Allow at least five vehicle lengths between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
Watch Overhead Clearances!
- Allow for at least 14 feet of overhead clearance.
- Beware of low canopies, overpasses, bridges, drive-thru restaurants and banks, tree branches, and parking garages. Watch out for signs prohibiting truck traffic.
Many personal auto insurance policies and major credit cards do not provide coverage against rental truck theft or damage. Call your agent to verify your coverage, and get more information on optional protection plans and waivers offered by Budget Truck Rental. You can also review our protection plans online.
« Return to Moving Guide