As soon as you know you are moving:
- Save receipts for all moving expenses. In some circumstances, expenses may be tax deductible.
- Book your Budget Truck reservation as soon as you know your closing or move out dates.
- If you are driving a truck and have an additional car without a driver, reserve towing equipment with your Budget Truck. If your vehicle is not compatible with towing equipment, contact a vehicle transport company to make arrangements.
- Make lists of all important information regarding your move. Organization is key because the next few months/weeks will be hectic.
- If necessary, get copies of your medical/dental records and/or your pet’s veterinary records. Once you identify your new doctors, arrange to have documents transferred.
- As you pack, keep a list of all valuable items. Make sure to hand carry the list with you on moving day to confirm that all valuables arrived safely.